1 OZ Gold Krugerrand Coin ( Random years )

Sold Out

1 OZ Gold Krugerrand Coin ( Random years )

Material: Gold

Fineness: 916,7/1000 (91.67%)

Weight: 33.93g

Fine Weight: 31.1035 (1 troy OZ)

The 1 OZ Krugerrand gold coin is one of the most popular and well-known gold bullion coins in the world. It was first minted in 1967 by the South African Mint and quickly gained recognition among investors and collectors.

The Krugerrand gets its name from Paul Kruger, the former South African president, and the country's currency, the rand. The coin features a portrait of Paul Kruger on the obverse side, with the inscription "SUID-AFRIKA" (South Africa) and "SOUTH AFRICA" written in English. The reverse side of the coin displays a leaping springbok antelope, which is the national animal of South Africa. The words "KRUGERRAND" and the year of minting are also inscribed.

The coin contains precisely 1 troy ounce of gold, which is equivalent to approximately 31.1 grams. The gold used in Krugerrands has a purity level of 22 karats (91.67% pure gold), with the remaining 8.33% made up of copper alloy. This copper alloy gives the coin its distinct orange-gold color and enhances its durability.

The Krugerrand was the first gold coin to be produced in the exact weight of one ounce, making it an accessible and easily tradable option for investors. It played a significant role in popularizing gold as an investment asset for individuals around the world.

Since its introduction, the Krugerrand has maintained a high level of popularity and recognition, becoming a widely traded gold coin. It is considered legal tender in South Africa, but its value primarily comes from the gold content rather than its face value.

Investors often purchase Krugerrands as a hedge against inflation, a store of value, or as a means of diversifying their investment portfolios. They are recognized globally and can be bought or sold at precious metal dealers, banks, and online platforms.



Product tabs

    €0.00
    €1,920.00
    Earn 0Reward points
    QTY

    Do you want to be notified when this product is back in stock? Complete the form below and we'll let you know when it is.